Friday 19 April 2013

In Memory of Elisabeth Sladen


As I was only introduced to Doctor Who in 2005, my first introduction to Miss Sladen was in School Reunion where she reprised her role as Sarah Jane Smith which she had played many years before. I thought she was amazing in this episode. She had not lost any of her energy and still looked amazing. Due to the success of the episode, she then got her own CBBC series, the Sarah Jane Adventures. Now even though this was meant to be a children's programme, it was still a very enjoyable series to watch. I enjoyed every minute of it and this was mainly down to Miss Sladen and the amazing team behind it. I of cause since gone back and watched all of her episodes from her time on the show in the 70's and I really grew to love her. She was a breath of fresh air. I loved the fact that she stood up for herself and didn't just do what the Doctor said. She questioned what he told her and was much more than just person who was there to just ask "Why Doctor?" and "Look Doctor!"
I can remember the day that I logged onto Gallifrey Base and read that she had died. My heart just felt like it stopped. It really did feel like I had lost a member of my family and that wound is still fresh. I really cannot believe it has been 2 years since her passing. When I rewatch any of her episode, I just cannot believe that she is not still out there. She was an amazing woman who brought joy to many generations. And for that I thank you. Thank you Lis for bringing me and many others many hours of entertainment.
Rest in Peace Lis. We will never ever forget you!

No comments:

Post a Comment