Monday 5 August 2013

Peter Capaldi is the Doctor!


I could not be happier with the announcement that Peter Capaldi has been cast as the Twelfth Doctor. As I said in a previous blog post, I was really hoping that Moffat would cast older with 12 but I did have my doubts that he would after the success that they had with Matt. The majority of the fanbase agree that this is fantastic news that we have such a talented actor on board to bring the new incarnation of the Doctor to life. I have seen on Facebook and some other places people saying he's too old and not "fit" enough but why does the doctor have to be young. He is afterall a 1,100 year old Time Lord who can change his face. Why would he always go for a younger appearance

I was in shock when Zoe Ball announced that Peter had got the part. I was slightly expecting Moffat to go with a younger unknown again but this is a fantastic move. It is going to bring a fantastic new angle to the Doctor and his relationship. I cannot wait for his regeneration and to see his first series in August 2014. I just wish the series was back in the Spring again so the wait would be shorter. But before that of course we have the 50th and Christmas too look forward too and the Fall of the Eleventh. Matt will be missed greatly but I just cannot wait to see what Capaldi brings to the Role

THE DOCTOR IS DEAD - LONG LIVE THE DOCTOR

No comments:

Post a Comment